Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SidewayZIL

I am living it. I have been gainfully employed for two, 2, II, days. I am pretty tired but I pour wine all day in Napa Valley and get to eat really great fresh California cuisine.

I don't really know how to do my job but i will learn. people are pretty funny and from all over the map and accents to prove it.

Wine Terms I learned today:
Vintage- What happened in the year the grape was growing. Example: 2006 was hit by frost in the early months and was followed by a high temperature summer. This naturally limited the crop yields yet made for big flavorful fruit.
Notes- talking flavor, essences that hit you, i believe.
Nose- how things smell. example: wow that has a big nose.
Charcuterie- pairs with wine. fun to say, fun to eat, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcuterie

i also have come home with a bottle of wine every day i worked. they call it homework. perfecto mundo.

oh all this to say, come visit me NOW!

that is all i have for right/write now.

1 comment:

Lovely White Things said...

lucky duck. what a great job to get. you'll learn a lot. please teach me. :)
I love wine. my favorites right now are Ripasso and Viognier. MMHMM